The shimmer is not very OTT and pretty much less when compared to Orgasm.
Blushes with a good amount of shimmer always accentuate my pores, but since this one has less shimmer and more of a golden sheen, I can try it on without having to worry about it.
Here's a swatch:
- Super pigmented and creamy for a powder blush.
- Totally buildable texture.
- Great packaging with a handy swivel mirror arrangement.
- Shimmer in this shade is totally wearable. For that reason, all the blushes in the blush rush range have totally wearable shimmer.
- With good prepping, the staying power is great.
- It's really expensive ($24). I wouldn't pay full price so, I got it as part of a sale.
- Contains Talc which is why the texture is so smooth.
I totally dig this shade and since it's shimmery, I can also layer this on top of another matte blush or any cream blush which would extend the wear time. Chiffon is a warm shade and would look great on all medium and dark skin tones. It might sheer out a bit on lighter skin tones , but is always a great option for layering upon another blush.
I would like to try more Smashbox Blush Rush shades and might pick up a few more if I catch them as part of a sale. I would totally recommend this although, I would feel bad asking you to pay full price. It's a definite choice if you happen to catch it as part of a sale :)
Have you tried Smashbox Blushes? What are your favorite shades? I'd love to know!