I totally love this TM. I've tried a ton of tinted moisturizers before and finding my shade was quite a task. From the drugstores, I liked the Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 formula wise, but the shade selection was just too poor. The darkest shade made me look muddy and the shade before that was too light for me.
What I love about Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer :
- Great coverage for a tinted moisturizer. In fact, to me its just *slightly* sheer than a foundation, feels much lighter and blends perfectly.
- The shade selection is just brilliant. I am sure everyone can find their perfect shade.
- Comes with sun protection. Although, SPF 20 does seem small, anything more than that might give a whitish cast.
- There is also an oil-free version in case you are prone to breakouts.
- Hygienic tube packaging - easy to travel with.
The not so good things about Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer:
- The price tag! Ouch! $42 hurts every time we run out. Sephora sometimes has travel-size ones($20) in-stores which is great if you are trying this out for the first time. I was lucky enough to get one.
- Since this provides quite a bit of coverage, any shade slightly darker/lighter than your skin tone can make a huge difference.
- Although this is a tinted moisturizer, too much can still look ghastly so, its better to use it with a light hand.
I totally love this and its close to being HG. If you want a fresh, dewy look for everyday wear, this is a perfect choice.
Have you tried Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizers? Do you like them as much? Are there any affordable alternatives that you recommend?