A couple of makeup looks tonight on the 2013 Met Gala Red Carpet ft. Laura Mercier Makeup & Skincare on Anne Hathaway, Claire Danes and Ginnifer Goodwin!
Love Claire Danes' Eye Makeup - must get the Tightline Cake Eyeliner!! What do you think of these looks?
Look by Adam Breuchaud for Laura Mercier
Breuchaud gave a subtle nod to the event’s punk theme by creating a bold, “electric blue” smoky eye to complement Anne Hathaway’s flawless, porcelain skin.
FLAWLESS FACE: A flawless, “clean” face was the perfect canvas for the look
- Breuchaud first applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32), to give Hathaway’s skin an “even, lasting finish.”
- Then, he used a damp sponge to apply Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Porcelain ($43) to even out her skin tone and give the skin an “amazingly sheer veil of color.”
- Lastly, he lightly dusted on Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder ($22) to set the Tinted Moisturizer and ensure the skin kept its “dewy finish” throughout the night.
EYES: Breuchaud went with a “bold smoky” eye to pay homage to the “punk” theme
- First, Breuchaud mixed Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Orchid ($24) with Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Deep Night ($23).
- In order to deepen the look, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir ($22) to her lash line and blended the eye liner throughout the corner of her eye using the Laura Mercier Corner Eye Colour Brush ($25).
- Breuchaud added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black ($24) to the top and bottom lashes.
LIPS: Fresh, natural lips complemented the dramatic eye
- Breuchaud applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Pink Blush ($26), which he described as a “beautiful soft pink” to Hathaway’s lips
Look by Matin Maulawizada for Laura Mercier
Makeup artist Matin Maulawizada drew inspiration from Danes’ “beautifully textured long black dress.” The dress was “elegant, but had a very modern twist,” which he wanted the makeup look to reflect. He was also inspired by the “punk” theme of the evening, stating, “I wanted to bring in inspiration from the punk era and make it into a beautiful version fit for the red carpet.”
EYES: Black-rimmed eyes with a pop of pink
- First, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony ($23) in between Danes’ lashes and then lined them using Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner in Black ($22) to achieve the “black rimmed” effect. To keep the shape more “punk,” he followed her natural rim line.
- Next, he applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Black Plum ($23) all over the eyelid to give it a “smoky” feel. He then appliedLaura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Rubellite ($23) to give Danes’ an “early 80’s pop of color.”
- Maulawizada added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara in Black ($20)to the top and bottom lashes.
FLAWLESS FACE: Sun-kissed skin
· First, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum ($80) underneath the eyes and on the cheekbones and then appliedLaura Mercier Mega Moisturizer Crème SPF 15 in Normal/Combination Skin ($50) all over the face. Next, he massaged the face usingLaura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32) (this happens to be Danes’ favorite part of the make application process!).
· He next applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Nude ($43) and followed with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact SPF 20 in Nude ($45) for added coverage.
· Using the Bronzer Veil from the Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Healthy Glow for Face & Cheeks Crème Colour Palette ($48), he contoured her cheeks and blended the color underneath Danes’ chin to even out her “sun-kissed” skin from the weekend.
· Next, he used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3 ($30) to conceal any small imperfections.
- Maulawizada then applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud ($24) to the apples of Danes’ cheeks.
· Lastly, he lightly dusted Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35) to set her makeup, ensuring she looked flawless all night long.
LIPS: Soft Lips
· Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Pink Blush ($26) to Danes’ lips.
Look by Mai Quynh for Laura Mercier
Makeup artist Mai Quynh created a Siouxsie and the Banshees/punk-rock-inspired look for Goodwin, who according to Quynh, “loves wearing edgy makeup.” She stated, “Ginny loves to play up her eyes and wear fun makeup. She’s never afraid of colour or going too bold, and lets me have fun and be daring with her looks.”
EYES: Quynh gave Goodwin “heavy, dark eyes” to complement the black leather trim of her floor-length, mixed-metal Tory Burch dress
- Quynh used Laura Mercier Matte Eye Shadow in Noir ($23) to create Goodwin’s bold eye look. She applied it to her lashline, winged it out then connected it to her eyebrow – filling in the shape completely.
- Quynh then layered Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Black Ice ($23) over the lid, along the lashline and under the eyebrows, blending all together.
- Using the Laura Mercier Finishing Eye Brush ($32), she applied Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Seashell Pink ($23) and blended it all over Goodwin’s lid, over the Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Black Ice, creating a gradual light to dark effect.
- After applying individual faux eyelashes, Quynh added a few coats of Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara in Black ($24) to her top lashes.
- Lastly, she rimmed her eyes using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Violet ($20).
FLAWLESS FACE: Goodwin’s skin was radiant with a healthy glow
- Quynh first applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Nude ($43) all over Goodwin’s skin.
- Next, she used Laura Mercier Undercover Pot #2 ($34) to conceal any imperfections.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander ($24) to apples of Goodwin’s cheek and set the look usingLaura Mercier Pressed Powder in Translucent ($32).
- To add the final touch to her glowing skin, Quynh applied Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lotus Pink ($24) onto Goodwin’s cheeks to help the colour shine through, and ensure her look would be long-lasting.
LIPS: Quynh kept the lips simple and nude
- Quynh applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Angelic ($24) onto Goodwin’s lips, allowing the attention to be on her bold eyes